Caring & Experienced Panama City Attorney

Moving Away: Getting Court Approval

Divorce can be an extremely emotional, particularly in issues that are related to the care and raising of children. When a couple decides to end their marriage, there are several matters which must be fully resolved. In any issue related to child custody and child support, it is not uncommon for the two parties to disagree. Divorced parents must comply with the court order regarding their parenting plan. The guiding factor in all court decisions is the best interests of the child. If the two parents are sharing custody, or one parent has legal visitation rights, the other parent must secure that parent's consent, and/or the court's consent, before they can move away with their children.

If one parent will not consent, a Petition to Relocate must be filed with the court and it is very possible that you may be required to appear in court to petition for an approval to relocate with your children. Legal representation is important in move away cases. At our firm, we understand that situations change and a relocation may be necessary to advance your career, could give your children better opportunities, allow them interact with their extended family, or place them in a better school or other advantage.

When you contact a family law attorney at Seaton Law Offices, P.A. we will take the time to review your current situation, evaluate the issues surrounding your need to relocate, and present your case professionally to the court. Our attorneys have extensive experience representing parents in a wide range of difficult family law issues. In fact, our leading attorney served as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Florida, and he has an in-depth understanding of both sides of the judicial system and is able to bring that knowledge and insight to each case.

As a parent, there is nothing more important to you than your children. For legal representation in a parental relocation case, contact our Panama City child custody lawyer at Seaton Law Offices, P.A. as soon as possible.