Caring & Experienced Panama City Attorney
Tirelessly Protecting Your Rights At Seaton Law, the outcome of your case really matters. Trust us to fight for you.

Post-Decree Modification Lawyer in Panama City

Need to change the terms of your divorce settlement?

The terms you received in the final decree of divorce have the force of law, and you are required to abide by these terms or face harsh legal penalties when your former spouse seeks enforcement of court orders. If for any reason you have decided that you need to change the terms of your divorce settlement, we invite you to contact us at Seaton Law Offices, P.A. for help. We have extensive family law experience and a proven track record of success in the courtrooms in Panama City, and can assist you in filing a petition to modify the court orders.

It is not enough to come to a new agreement with your former spouse, as such agreements are not legally enforceable, and you can even be found to be in contempt of court for violating the terms of the orders. You must secure the approval of the court. In the event that your former spouse is opposed to granting your request, you can still petition the court for relief by persuading the judge of the necessity of making the modification. The court will only approve your request upon evidence that the change is necessary and in the best interests of everyone involved. We will carefully prepare your case, and will advocate aggressively on your behalf in the courtroom.

Modifying Terms of Child Custody, Child Support and Alimony

The most common requests for post-decree modifications are addressed to orders of child custody, child support and alimony. If you have physical custody of your children and want to relocate further than 50 miles away, you will have to either secure the consent of the parent who has rights of visitation or will have to gain the approval of the court. In the event that you have lost your job or experienced some other major change of circumstances, we can help you file a petition to have the amount of child support or alimony increased. Similarly, if you have been ordered to pay financial support but can no longer sustain the obligation, we can help you request to have the amount reduced.

Receive your initial consultation regarding your divorce modification in Panama City, FL. Contact us today. 

Reasons To Choose Attorney Seaton:

  • Over 15 Years of Legal Experience

  • Top 100 Trial Lawyers

  • Numerous Cases Successfully Litigated

  • Free Consultations to Active Military & Law Enforcement

  • Proudly Represents in the Entire 14th Circuit

  • Admitted to the 11th Circuit